Who Qualifies for OYAP?
Students who demonstrate:
• a career focus;
• a commitment to learning a skilled trade;
• maturity, dependability and punctuality;
• a willingness to meet employer expectations.
In addition, students:
• must be at least 16 years of age and in either Grade 11 or Grade 12;
• must have secondary school courses related to the trade of their choice.
HOW DOES A STUDENT APPLY FOR OYAP?
Students who are interested in OYAP are asked to:
- speak with their guidance counsellor;
- register with a cooperative education program to access the OYAP option.
For more information please contact your guidance counsellor or coop teacher.
Or contact: Jennifer MacIntosh, OYAP Co-ordinator
Telephone: (705) 945-7111 ext 10261
OYAP meets Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development and Ministry of Education guidelines and is funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
Copyright 2015 Algoma District School Board