The Algoma District School Board, in partnership with Sault College, offers an innovative program for students interested in pursuing a career in Motive Power Trades.
As part of the School College Work Initiative (SCWI) this program allows students to:
· develop specialized knowledge and skills required to work with land, air and marine vehicles;
· explore a variety of related career options in the transportation service industry;
· use up-to-date equipment during in-class sessions at Sault College;
· earn high school credits towards an Ontario Secondary School Diploma;
· earn a college credit towards apprenticeship schooling;
· gain valuable industry-specific work experience and knowledge in a motive power co-op placement;
· students have an opportunity to be registered to an apprenticeship through the OYAP program.
Interested students are encouraged to contact their guidance counselor, Co-operative Education Teacher or Transportation Technology teacher for more details.