Students will communicate and interact with growing confidence in French, one of Canada’s official languages, while developing the knowledge, skills, and perspectives they need to participate fully as citizens in Canada and in the world.
In all French as a second language programs, students realize the vision of the FSL curriculum as they strive to:
• use French to communicate and interact effectively in a variety of social settings;
• learn about Canada, its two official languages, and other cultures;
• appreciate and acknowledge the interconnectedness and interdependence of the global community;
• be responsible for their own learning, as they work independently and in groups;
• use effective language learning strategies;
• become lifelong language learners for personal growth and for active participation as world citizens.